The public service dictum of Hon. Joseph Salvador Tan is "those who have less in life should have more in government" and on of his
flagship programs is "Bespren sa Edukasyon," wherein, educational opportunities are given to the marginalized, both young and old, in the city.
The following are the said programs:
- Career Guidance Advocacy Program for Grade 7-12
- 700 Financial educational assistance for qualified college students
- 231 Full scholarship for Agricultural and IT courses in Isabela State University-Santiago (ISU Santiago City Scholar)
- 182 Full scholarship for Technical-Vocational Courses (TESDA Scholar)
- 507 60% LGU wage-share for Special Program Employment of Students
The City of Santiago is a home to more than 10 tertiary institutions that provide
quality education at a relatively more practical tuition fee. You can choose from formal
to informal classes and vocational to professional courses. The tertiary institutions are the following:
- AMA Computer College
- Cagayan Valley Computer & Information Technology, Inc.
- GMS Institute of Technology
- Isabela State University (ISU) - Santiago
- Northeastern College
- Patrica Sable Corpus College
- Santiago City Colleges, Inc.
- St. Judel Institute of Technology, Inc.
- STI College
- TESDA - Southern Isabela College of Art and Trade
- University of La Salette
Students come then and study in our City!